I regret to announce that following the revised UK Government guidelines announced last evening the Committee has had no alternative but to cancel this year’s Halford Hewitt.
This is not a decision that has been taken lightly and alternative methods of staging the competition were considered, including avoiding access to the clubhouses and keeping social interaction between teams to a minimum. Unfortunately none of these would have been practical given the latest guidelines.
The Committee sympathises with the local hotels and guest-houses who will lose out due to these unfortunate circumstances which are exceptional and beyond our control. Teams who will be cancelling accommodation are encouraged to make a gesture of goodwill towards what must be the start of a difficult period for those businesses.
The Committee will meet shortly to decide whether it is feasible to reschedule the tournament for later in the year and a further notice will be issued as soon as possible.
Once again, we regret having to make this decision but there is no viable alternative.
N D Owen
Hon Secretary – PSGS